COVID-19 HEALTH & WELLBEING POLICY
Wendy’s Music School is a service that provides students with access to independent music teachers.As members of various professional music teaching associations who provide knowledgeable information, we advise all teachers to follow the conduct and ethical guidelines as outlined by the organisations such as the VMTA which is the peak advocacy body for the Instrumental Music Teaching profession in Victoria. Each teacher is responsible for following these guidelines as an independent teacher. Using information provided by health and government authorities in an attempt to slow the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Victorian Music Teachers’ Association advises:
- the lesson space should maintain the advised 1.5m social distance
- shared equipment (such as piano/keyboard) and furniture is regularly sanitised
- face to face lessons cease and move online if the teacher shows symptoms of COVID-19
- face to face lessons cease and move online if a student or parent shows symptoms of COVID-19
- face to face lessons cease and move online if there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the studio/school community
- each teaching location provides a contact tracing system such as a QR code.
I care deeply about the health of my community, including all teachers, parents and students. I am committed to measures that prevent or slow the spread of the coronavirus.